Clubcard Terms & Conditions
- The Clubcard / Biz Clubcard Account, Card, Clubcard Discount Vouchers, Clubcard Discount Coupons and points, in whatever form, are issued by and remain the property of Tesco who may, at any time, terminate the Scheme or alter or amend the conditions of operation of the Scheme.
- Members of the Scheme must be resident of Malaysia or Singapore and aged 18 years or over.
- Members are only entitled to one Clubcard account each. Tesco reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
- Members must register their personal details or business information and keep Tesco informed of any changes. Tesco cannot be held responsible for any loss of points or Clubcard Discount Vouchers incurred as a result of out of date details.
- The Clubcard / Biz Clubcard, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is registered for the card.
- Clubcard / Biz Clubcard, Clubcard Discount Vouchers and Clubcard Discount Coupons remain the responsibility of the member, as do any security details relating to the account. Tesco cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure safe-keeping of these items.
- Tesco may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel accounts, cards, Clubcard Discount Vouchers, Clubcard Discount Coupons and points, in whatever form, and/or remove a member from the Scheme at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
- any abuse or attempted abuse of the Scheme
- any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions
- any behavior related to the Scheme or Tesco or the Tesco Group that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behavior, or supplying false or misleading information.
- Clubcard / Biz Clubcard can only be used for purchases from Tesco including Tesco Food Court and Tesco e-shop and promotional partners who are part of the Scheme in Malaysia only.
- Clubcard / Biz Clubcard accounts, cards, points, Clubcard Discount Vouchers and Clubcard Discount Coupons cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
- Two members are no longer able to join or merge their accounts together due to limitations in Clubcard system. Existing associate card holder may maintain their card as an associate card; however, in the event that associate card is damaged or lost, associate card holder will need to apply for a new card account (New Application). Points earned in associate card account will not be transferred to the primary card holder.
- Members may be able to express a preference for their statement to be sent to their registered e-mail address or mobile phone number. We will endeavour to respect this preference but reserve the right to send these to the member's registered postal address without prior notification to the member. This may be necessary for business or policy reasons or where there are problems with the registered e-mail address or mobile phone number provided by the member.
- Members can choose to leave the Scheme at any time. By leaving the Scheme, members forfeit the right to any points or Clubcard Discount Vouchers already accrued or issued.
- Members who do not collect any points for two years will be removed from the Scheme and all points and unused Clubcard Discount Vouchers will be deleted. Members will need to reapply for new membership should they wish to rejoin.
- Members may inherit the points or Clubcard Discount Vouchers of a family member who has died by providing a written request informing of the membership details of the deceased.
- One (1) Clubcard point will be awarded for every transaction of RM1 (inclusive of GST) excluding redemption of all Clubcard Discount Vouchers / Clubcard Discount Coupons and Tesco Gift Voucher.
- Members must present their Clubcard / Biz Clubcard or e-Clubcard via Tesco Clubcard Malaysia mobile app at the point of payment in order to collect points for a transaction in store. Members who forget to / did not do this are not able to claim back the points after a transaction is completed.
- Members will be required to present or quote their Clubcard / Biz Clubcard number to collect points on purchases made through our selected partners or online transaction.
- Points collected from supplementary cards linked to the main Clubcard member's account will be credited to that account.
- To be awarded points, members must spend above a certain amount on qualifying products in a single transaction. The amount of points awarded may change and will vary depending on the products bought, the amount spent and where the transaction takes place.
- Points will not be awarded for non-qualifying products, including gift vouchers, tobacco or tobacco related products, mobile reload, IDD reload, online game reload, e-wallet reload, Touch ’n Go reload, and other products which may also be excluded from the Scheme at the discretion of Tesco.
- Where points can be collected with our selected partners, further terms and conditions may apply.
- Tesco may set a limit on the number of times points may be awarded for promotional items on which additional points are available. Individual promotions may have different limits as communicated in their purchase conditions.
- Tesco is entitled to remove points for any transaction or purchases refunded in full or partial refund. This also applies to exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products with an equivalent points value.
- Points awarded at the time of the transaction or vouchers already issued may be removed or cancelled if Tesco determines that the points were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error. Any advice or actions of our staff that is contrary to these terms and conditions will not have the effect of changing these terms and conditions.
- Points have no value until converted into Clubcard Discount Vouchers at the end of the collection period. The conversion value of points is 1 point equals to RM0.005 including points already accrued in the account prior to the date.
- Tesco is under no obligation to award Clubcard points for any reason outside of qualifying transactions.
Clubcard Discount Vouchers
- Clubcard Discount Vouchers will be sent with a statement 3 times a year to members who have accumulated a combined total above the qualifying threshold by the end of each collection period. The qualifying threshold is 400 points.
- The value of Clubcard Discount Vouchers given by Tesco will be based on the number of points that a member has collected by the end of a collection period. Collection periods may vary.
- Points that cannot be converted into Clubcard Discount Vouchers because they are below the qualifying threshold and points that remain following conversion will be ‘carried forward’ as the starting balance(s) for the next collection period.
- Clubcard Discount Vouchers or e-Clubcard Discount Voucher via Tesco Clubcard Malaysia mobile app can be redeemed once in store only, and must be redeemed by the person whom they were issued, alongside the corresponding Clubcard.
- Purchase value must be equivalent to or higher than the value of Voucher. If the purchase value is higher than the value of the Voucher, then customer shall pay the difference. Purchase transaction cannot be done if the purchase value is below the value of the voucher.
- Clubcard points will not be awarded for redemption of Clubcard Discount Vouchers.
- Clubcard Discount Vouchers can be used together with cash (legal tender), credit card or debit card but excludes purchase of any Tesco Gift Vouchers, E-shop, reloads, at Tesco food court or any outlets not operated by Tesco Malaysia.
- Clubcard Discount Vouchers have a validity period of 1 year with expiry date clearly stated, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Additional terms and conditions may be found at the back of the vouchers.
- Copied, damaged or defaced Clubcard Discount Vouchers will not be accepted.
- Members may reprint Clubcard Discount Vouchers that are damaged or lost at My Clubcard Account provided the Clubcard Discount Vouchers have not previously been redeemed.
Clubcard Discount Coupons
- Clubcard Discount Coupons are given to members at the discretion of Tesco.
- Clubcard Discount Coupons or e-Clubcard Discount Coupons via Tesco Clubcard Malaysia mobile app can only be redeemed once, in store only and must be redeemed by the person to whom they were issued, alongside the corresponding Clubcard.
- Clubcard Discount Coupons have expiry date clearly stated, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Additional terms and conditions may be found on the back of the coupons.
- Clubcard Discount Coupons have no cash redemption value, are not to be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded or published, and are valid in Tesco Malaysia only.
- Clubcard Discount Coupons redemption is subject to stock availability and may be limited to selected stores only.
- Clubcard points will not be awarded for redemption of Clubcard Discount Coupon.
- Copied, damaged or defaced coupons will not be accepted.
- Members may reprint Clubcard Discount Coupons that are damaged or lost at My Clubcard Account provided the Clubcard Discount Coupons have not previously been redeemed (not applicable to Clubcard Discount Coupons issued at till).
Touch 'n Go Feature
- The Clubcard with Touch ’n Go feature (“the Co-Brand Card”), enables Members to reload and use it as a prepaid smartcard at selected Tesco stores and other Touch ’n Go participating outlets. Members can also enjoy privileges offered by Clubcard as well as participating outlets of Touch ’n Go.
- The Touch ’n Go feature is not available for Biz Clubcard.
- A Co-Brand Card application will be charged at a fee of RM10 (inclusive of GST). Members can upgrade or replace their existing Clubcard to a Co-Brand Card at RM8 (inclusive of GST) and their old Clubcard should be surrendered.
- When the Co-Brand Card is used for purchase transactions in Tesco Stores, the exact transaction amount will be deducted from the value stored in the Co-Brand Card. Refunds for purchase transactions are in cash only.
- Members and other prepaid smartcard customers with Touch ’n Go feature can reload their cards at pre-defined amounts with no additional fee. Reloads are to be made separately from purchase transactions and in cash only. Maximum credit stored in the Co-Brand Card is RM1,500.00 at any one time.
- Clubcard points will not be awarded and refunds will not be available for reloads.
- If there is no card transaction for a period of twelve (12) consecutive months, TNGSB will deactivate the Touch ’n Go feature in the Co-Brand Card.
- The validity of the Touch ’n Go feature in the C-Brand Card is for a period of ten (10) years from the date of issue and will expire immediately thereafter. Members are encouraged to replace their card in advance of three (3) months before card expiry at any Tesco Store to avoid any usage interruption and inconvenience due to card failure.
- If your Co Brand Card is lost /stolen or the Touch ’n Go feature is faulty or damaged, you must report to TNGSB immediately to protect your credit balance. Any refund of the credit value in the Co Brand Card can only be done by TNGSB provided prior registration of the card with TNGSB is done by Members.
- Disputes over any transaction in respect of Touch ’n Go features must be reported to TNGSB. Tesco is not liable for any lost, default, damage or unauthorized use of the Touch ’n Go feature or arising from any act, omission or default of TNGSB.
- For more information relating to registration with TNGSB, Touch ’n Go features, or other enquiries, please contact TNGSB Careline at 03-2714 8888 or visit TNGSB website at www.touchngo.com.my.
- Tesco Clubcard and Biz Clubcard is owned and operated by Tesco Stores (M) Sdn Bhd (Co. No. 521419-K).
- These terms and conditions replace all previous versions, are correct as of March 2015. Tesco reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the Scheme following such a change will be considered to have accepted the updated terms and conditions.
- Due to printing lead times, the terms and conditions in store may not reflect the most recent changes. These are the most up to date terms and conditions.
- Further information you can visit our website at www.tesco.com.my or call our Helpline at 1 300 13 1313.